With 50% of Australians enduring a mental illness at some point in their lives, every person, family, community or organisation can become impacted.
On this day, we encourage staff and our Belmont patient community to help stomp out the stigma around mental health by wearing their craziest, wackiest Odd Socks and start the conversation about everyone’s mental health.
Did you miss out on this year’s Odd Socks Day? Don’t worry you can still make a difference by:
- Being a Friend – be there for others, during the ordinary and extraordinary
- Being Brave – don’t tolerate discrimination or the stigma
- Being Open – share your experiences
- Being Informed – know the truth and dispel the myths
- Being Good to Yourself – recognise the need for self-care
Do something that spreads the word of Odd Socks Day in the community and your place of work. Everyone can get involved in the fight against stigma and discrimination associated with mental illness.