In response to Queensland Health regulations, you must abide by all conditions. Whilst broader restrictions will reduce from 6pm today, the following still apply to all hospital visitors:
• You must carry a mask at all times.
• Masks must be worn in indoor places including shopping centres and supermarkets, gyms, places of worship, libraries, public transport, and taxis and rideshare vehicles.
• Masks must be worn in workplaces if social distancing isn’t possible and it’s safe to do so.
• Restrictions on visits to hospitals, aged care, disability accommodation and prisons will remain.
ALL HOSPITAL VISITORS
You can only visit someone in hospital if you are:
- the parents, guardians or carers for a patient under the age of 18
- providing end-of-life support
- a partner and /or support person/s for a patient admitted for care related to their pregnancy
- support worker or informal carer (including family and friends) providing support for someone with a disability.
All other patient visitors must receive approval from the operator of a hospital. The operator of a hospital is the Chief Executive Officer. This approval will only be given when the operator of the hospital, believes it is necessary for the patient to have visitors for emergency or other compassionate grounds.
- Greater Brisbane includes:
- City of Brisbane
- City of Ipswich
- Logan City
- Moreton Bay Region
- Redland City
- Despite these restrictions, persons may enter a hospital if they are:
- an employee, contractor, or student of the facility
- providing goods or services necessary for the facility’s operation
- providing health, medical, personal care or pharmaceutical services to a resident
- required for emergency management, law enforcement or to comply with a power or function of a government agency or entity
- a prospective resident or a support person of a prospective resident
- maintaining continuity of care for a resident that can’t be delivered by non-contact means – with permission of the facility’s operator
- attending for an end of life visit and have been granted an exemption
- Visitors are restricted to hospitals within the current restricted Local Government Areas within the Metro North, Metro South and West Moreton Hospital and Health Service regions:
If you have any symptoms at all, get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and follow guidance issued by Queensland Health and amend these measures as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support to keep our community safe.
For more information, please visit: